Re: Linking MS Access DB into Oracle

From: Mika <Michael.Kurz_at_c-plan.com>
Date: 2000/07/31

Hello Tom
thanx for your help.

Now I changed my tnsnames and listener and restart the listener.

But I don't know how to Fill out the listener.ora correctly.

Does somebody knows what I have to do Step by Step to Connect to ODBC ??

Micha

Here is what I changed

tnsnames.ora

MyODBC.world = (DESCRIPTION=
                     (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)
                              (HOST=Barny)
                              (PORT=1521))

                     (CONNECT_DATA = (SID=ODBCTest))

                     (HS = OK))

listener.ora

   (SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME=ODBCTest)
(ORACLE_HOME=C:/WINNT/system32/)
(PROGRAM=DBase Test)

    )

I tried

PROGRAM=DBase Test      (Name of the ODBC Service)    ???
PROGRAM=ODBCAD32.EXE (ODBC Admin Programm)  ???
PROGRAM=ODBCJT32.DLL (Driver) ???

but nothing works.

Then:

CREATE DATABASE LINK test123 USING 'MyODBC';

select * from nase_at_test123;

Tom Best <tabest_at_bellatlantic.dontspamme.net> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: JZZg5.2159$oA6.138109_at_typhoon2.ba-dsg.net...