Re: Newbie - help on dbstart

From: Thomas Woisczyk <Thomas.Woisczyk_at_t-online.de>
Date: 2000/07/30

It seems then in your initSID.ora File the Parameter log_archive_start is not set to TRUE or FALSE
( log_archive_start = false/true). With the parameter log_archive_dest you can set the directory for
saving your archived redo-log-files.

After the Database is start look at the Processes "ps -aux |grep ora". There have to be 5 or 6 Jobs
( Process-Monitor ora_pmon_SID, System-Monitor ora_smon_SID, Logwriter ora_lgwr_SID ,
Databasewriter ora_dbw0_SID, Checkpoint ora_ckpt_SID and sometimes ora_reco_SID).

Thomas Woisczyk