O8.1.6.1.0 install on RH linux 2.4.0-test4

From: Steve Holdoway <steve_at_itemfront.ltd.uk>
Date: 2000/07/30

Hi all,

I realise that I'm pretty close to the bleeding edge here, but I just can't get Oracle 8i Release 2 to install on this system. I'm playing with this because of the lvm support available, which I can get on the current 2.2.16 kernel.

When installing oracle ( I'm just using the standard 'install with a dummy database install' option ), it gets as far as the 'creating databases' bit, and then hangs.

The last bit of the install log is as follows:

Configuration tool Oracle Database Configuration Assistant failed The datafiles will be copied from the CD to /oracle/u01/oradata/test. The Oracle Database Configuration Assistant will begin creating the database. An Oracle database will be created for you. The database name will be test. The system identifier for the database will be test. The password for the SYS account will be change_on_install and the SYSTEM account will be manager.

java.lang.NumberFormatException: 0%

	at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Compiled Code)
	at WizOSD.getFreeDiskSpace(Compiled Code)
	at WizOSD.DBQueryDiskSpace(Compiled Code)
	at CheckerClass.CheckforFreeDiskSpace(Compiled Code)
	at DBConfigInfo_base.doSpaceChecking(Compiled Code)
	at DBConfigInfo_base.doSpaceChecking(Compiled Code)
	at DBConfigInfo_base.enoughFreeSeedDiskSpace(Compiled Code)
	at CopySeed.CreateDatabase(Compiled Code)
	at CopySeed_base.run(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

Has anyone else come across this problem - it looks like the code itself is at fault.

Steve Received on Sun Jul 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT