Re: IBM DB2 Press Release, hogwash!?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: 2000/07/30

On Sun, 30 Jul 2000 05:06:22 GMT, cosmin_ioan_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>I happen to have stumbled upon a news article of IBM, at
>http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/000729/ny_ibm_sof.html and am very concerned
>of the statements there, particularly,

I wouldn't worry too much about these company press releases. Note that the text search technology is touted as being break-through and fatser than a speeding bullet, then no details are given on exactly how does this help the benchmark performance. Typical.

>Is this true? and if so, how does Oracle plan to respond?

Don't worry, they';ll respond. Last time I looked, nobody could make code run faster than the CPU can run, so ORACLE can also match these wild figures.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Sun Jul 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT