Re: Dilemma of job postings

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powellNOmaSPAM_at_eds.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/07/30

"Van Messner" <vmessner_at_bestweb.net> wrote:
>Hello Everyone:
>
> I've been using this forum for the last few years and have
 found it very
>helpful. And I don't like seeing headhunters post job listings
 here any
>more than you do.
> Here's the dilemma: Among us we have an enormous amount of
 information
>about job openings. I know when my company is looking for
 Oracle people, I
>know the company culture, and I know the right people to speak
 with. Each
>of you likely has similar information on the companies you work
 for. How
>can this information be shared without involving the
 headhunters and their
>markups?
> Any ideas on how something like this could be done? Is
 it being done?
>Should there be some sort of qualifying criterion - Oracle
 certification
>perhaps? I'd really like to hear any ideas.
>
>Van
>Oracle DBA
>

>(The standard forums like comp.databases.oracle.marketplace are
 worthless.
>They're flooded by headhunters who post hundreds of listings
 simultaneously
>in an effort to drive out postings by individuals and other
 headhunters.)

Direct email between parties is one option. But first you do have to find someone you want to talk to, run questions by, or ask questions to.

One place you might try is the local Oracle users groups. There are often consultants present and perhaps some of them may be intesested in going back to a permanent position. After all life events like having a child can make a regular check and company paid health benefits look a lot better.

And then again you might be able to find temporary help for a project or maybe someone who can be brought in as backup during vacation as either a temporary solution or a longer term solution to manpower needs depending on company size, needs, etc....

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Sun Jul 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT