Re: Communication Java Applet and Oracle Database

From: C. Ferguson <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com>
Date: 2000/07/30

Hi Harald,

   If it's the applet that is trying to receive data from the database, you should be using the thin client driver. Since the applet is being served up from a server that is physically different from the database server, your applet will need to be signed.
  Now, I have not gone throught the firewall, but I believe your firewall needs to be configured correctly to understand Oracle's needs. Talk to your sys admin about it.
Check out the the javasoft web site for info on how to sign your applet.

hth,
cindy