Oracle 8.0.4 Generating Critical Error on NetWare Server

From: Cole Moody <moodyc_at_stopathief.net>
Date: 2000/07/30

I have a NW5SB Server that I just patched to SP5. The installation went OK and the server restarted, but after that when I proceeded to run a full backup, which in turn shuts down Oracle to backup the database, I received an error message and the server console locked. After resetting the server, I unloaded all the other programs (BackupExec 8.5, GroupWise 5.5) and then issued the command orastop which is supposed to dismount my Oracle 8 database. When the Oracle Server Manager finishes dismounting the database and exits to the System Console, I receive the following message: The running process will be suspended.
7-28-2000 5:15:01 PM: SERVER-5.0-4631 [nmID=1001C] WARNING! Server MAIN_SERVER experienced a critical error. The offending process was suspended or recovered. However, services hosted by this server may have been affected.

After that, instead of returning to the normal console prompt of MAIN_SERVER: I get a prompt that says MAIN_SERVER <1>:

I am in desperate need of some help or advice in this situation.

Thanks!!

Cole Moody Received on Sun Jul 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT