Re: dos and oracle6

From: <mshamber_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/29

Joe,

We purchased a company that was using paradox for dos. It has a substantial amount of business logic that could take us 6-9 months reproduce on a modern platform. Paradox has a product called sqllink that allows you to hook the client up to an oracle database on the back end. We want to use a 7.2.3 pass through database to an Oracle 8 via database links. The application can only speak sqlnet v1 and will be hooked into the 7.2.3 database. We will incrementally add web functionality that will go directly to the oracle 8 database. We are trying to figure out what we need to put in our config.ora on the dos side. We haven't been able to find a tcp driver that will allow us to run from within an NT client. We have gotten this working through windows 95 and windows 98. I do have a IPX driver that will allow us to do this. I don't know what I need to put in the config.ora for an ipx connection.

Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Jul 29 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT