Re: moving database from one server to another

From: Stephan Hartmann <Stephan_Hartmann_at_t-online.de>
Date: 2000/07/29

Hi,

I think the best way is to install the Oracle Server new, and build up new instances. The youn can use the export/import utilities to move the data from one server to the other.

When doing so, it's also a good idea to overthink the 'sizes' of the database.
You 've got bigger drives, maybe you will need bigger tablespaces ?

If you have more RAM you should adjust the memory setting (SGA) (more RAM - better Performance!)

bye
Stephan Hartmann