Please help with ORA-12560

From: OraFan <your_at_attcanada.net>
Date: 2000/07/28

Just finished installing oracle 8i on Intel Solaris, which threw some errors including "Error in invoking target domerge of makefile /opt/oracle_home/install/utl/libmerge.mk" and could not configure Net8 assistant nor Database configuration Assistant.

I am now trying to create Dabate with dbassist but gives the following error :

ORA-12560 - TNS : Protocol Adapter error

I get this error even when I try to run SQLPlus.... tried to run lsnrctl but nothing happens it just returns to the prompt, checked lsnrctl file wich is absolutely empy.

Please advise what to do

Thanks so much
Jim Received on Fri Jul 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT