How to determine system load?

From: Ralf Jonas <ralf.jonas_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2000/07/28

Hi,

I have to write a PL/SQL procedure (periodically invoked by DBMS_JOB) which reads the current system CPU load of the server and reports this together with a time stamp into a log table. Any ideas how to get the load? I tried V$SYSSTAT Parameter 11 and 12 but their values are allways 0.

Many thanks in advance
  Ralf Jonas Received on Fri Jul 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT