Autoextend on & multiple datafiles

From: EnderW <ender29_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/28

Hi,
  This is a beginner question but let's say I have no raid capability. I want to create two datafiles with autoextend on with a small 16KB initial size on two diff. fileystems. What happens when the tablespace exhausted. Will only one datafile keep being autoextended and the other one will just sit there ? Is there way to emulate stripping without RAID. Thanks

--
Ender Wiggin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.