How best delete/insert columns into tables

From: <vasarpota_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/28

What is the best way to delete/insert columns into tables? I know that 8i allows you to delete columns but what if I were not working on 8i? Would I need to export/import after delets and inserts so I dont take a big performance hit?

Thanks again for you help

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jul 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT