Re: dos and oracle6

From: Joe Maloney <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 2000/07/27

SQL*NET V1, as used in DOS, was a drastically different animal from V2 or V3. It won't talk to V2 or V3. At the DOS level, it requires special memory managers not part of DOS (we used to use qemm. MS's emm386 did not support the correct memory type, etc.) Basically, be careful.

Why use V1? Or O6? Why not go to V3 and O8x.? The savings in aspirin alone might make using the current version worthwhile.

--
Joseph R.P. Maloney, CCP,CSP,CDP
MPiR, Inc.