Is it a good idea to run Oracle on Intel/NT?

From: Turki Al-Qusaimi <turkialq_at_emirates.net.ae>
Date: 2000/07/27

Hi. Probably this was asked previously.. but I could not resist the urge to ask this very knwledgable community a question that would let me get a way from doing my (very messy) home work:

We would like to upgrade our company's Oracle server to the latest Oracle version (8i). We are considering switching from Unix as the OS on which Oracle is installed to Win2k Server. We could not get Oracle to give us stright answers to wither Oracle on NT will function as solidly as Oracle on Unix?

so, can the community here comment? <b>Is it advisable to use NT as a base for mession-critical Oracle installation?</B> Does it allow Oracle to grow to multi-giga-size seamlessly?

Just in case you are interested. Despite the fact that we never had problems with Oracle Unix, we are considering switching to Orace on NT just to standardize our servers and cut down on the maintenance headache. Received on Thu Jul 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT