OAS and Internal error

From: Edwin Rudolph <stu12915_at_westga.edu>
Date: 2000/07/27

I am having difficulty in getting OAS 4.0.8.1 to work properly. I have OAS and Oracle8i 8.1.6 installed on a RH6.1 Linux box, with OAS and Oracle in different homes with different owners. As far as I can tell, Oracle is working just fine, as I can do queries, etc. OAS, however, just will not allow me to execute a PL/SQL procedure. I followed the instructions in the PL/SQL toolkit documentation to create the 'current_users' procedure, adding an app and cartridge to OAS, etc. When I try to execute 'current_users' http://host:8080/simpleApp1/cart1/current_users I get an 'Internal Server error' (IE4) or 'Application error. Please try again' (Netscape). I have checked the logs in /oas/ows/admin/website40/log/wrb.log and see an error message like this:

'Unable to bring up cartridge server, type ...'

Although it appears that everything is up when I go into OAS manager.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

--
Edwin Rudolph
stu12915_at_westga.edu