Re: Database directory Size and Memory Usage

From: Steitz Adolf <adolf.steitz_at_also.de>
Date: 2000/07/27

Hi Jason,

have a look at your inital and next extents size of your tables. Reduce the size-parameter, make an export, drop and recreate the tablespace, and make an import.

Doing this, we reduced a data - tablespace from 8 to 3,6 GB and the index - tablespace from 5,6 to 2,5 GB.

To limit the amount of disk space, put a limit on the maximum size of the datafile(s) for the tablespace.

Adolf

Jason Rigsbee <jrigsbee_at_rigsbee.net> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: O5sK$o29$GA.64_at_cpmsnbbsa07...