Re: NUMBER versa CHAR as a primary key ?

From: Yong <yhuang_at_slb.com>
Date: 2000/07/27

Maybe you have a point but I can't fully understand you.

Numbers are generally easier to compare than characters. This is not an Oracle-specific rule. It's true to all kinds of computers. If everything else is the same, use numbers rather than strings (CHAR or VARCHAR2) as your primary key.

Yong Huang