Re: Oracle DB_BLOCK_SIZE and it's relationship to TS/table initial extent

From: bopeep <bopeep_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/07/27

Okay, I see what you mean. So, with datafiles of 2GB, I will not be able to create that initial extent size greater than that -- makes perfect sense now that it's in front of my face :-) In terms of our Datafiles, we keeps ours to 2GB as well.....I agree that it's best practice. So, it looks like the largest initial extent I will be able to use, will be 2GB.
I also agree in keeping extent sizes as multiples of db_block_size :-). Thanks for the info.