Re: How to copy user passwds to different database ?

From: David Scott <dlscott_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 2000/07/27

Run this script in sqlplus using "old" database: -- script starts here
set pagesize 0 -- make sure you get no column headings set feedback off -- and no #rows message col cmd form a80
spool make_pw.sql
select 'alter user '||username||' identified by values '''||password||''';' cmd from dba_users where username not like 'SY%';

spool off
-- script ends here

Then log into the "new" database and run make_pw.sql

David