Compatbility of Microsoft Access 97 with Oracle 8

From: <rgbautista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/07/26

I have read somwhere that the Oracle Migration Assistant for Microsoft Access is incompatible with Microsoft Access 97 databases. I always encounter an error: A serious internal error has occured 440 whenever migration begins.

Another thing is whenever I exported a Microsoft Access 97 table that contains number fields (single or double precision) though the Oracle ODBC, Oracle always converts these fields to VARCHAR. I tried changing them manually through the Schema Manager but the program does allow me to because it contains data.

Can anyone verify this? Is there a simple solution to this?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jul 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT