Database directory Size and Memory Usage

From: Jason Rigsbee <jrigsbee_at_rigsbee.net>
Date: 2000/07/26

I have a database that has grown toooooo big for what it is and what it does. There is not much to this database (not many tables, views, triggers, data, etc.) and it is used only for development purposes. It has grown to over 8GB in size. How can I shrink (compress) a database and then limit the amount of disk space it can gobble up?

Finally I also need to know how I can limit each database to a selected static memory space but preferably a dynamic range of memory-lets say between 0 MB and 150 MB of physical RAM when running?

Thank you.

jlr Received on Wed Jul 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT