Oas 4.0.8.2 (NT) welcome page connect problem, it's a bug?

From: Zhenming <zmwang_at_maloca.com>
Date: 2000/07/26

Hi, everyone!

I have tried to install OAS 4.0.8.2a for NT, every time the installation was successful, and at the end of installation, it indicated me to access the OAS welcome page by using a browser: http://tiger.central.com:8888, where tiger is the node machine and Oas 4.0.8.2 is installed, and central.com is the domain name.
My whole system is two machine, the Primary Domain Controller is located on another machine called 'Eagle", "Tiger" is a standalone server, but I log on as a domain user account before installing OAS. The problem is I cannot use : http://tiger.central.com:8888 to access the welcome page, I have to use : http://tiger:8888 to connect the welcome page.

I tried to install Oas 4.0.7 in the same situation, it works by using http://hostname:domain:8888.

Althouth I can access the Welcome page, I cannot start all the processes. For example, after chose a all, and click start, some of the processes are up, but the two listeners (admin, www) are still down, when I tried to start them it says, Netscape cannot locate the server http://tiger.central.com:8888.

How can I fix this problem? Maybe this is Oracle bug. Received on Wed Jul 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT