Re: Help ! Performance question : utl_file or sql*loader?

From: Serial # 19781010 <ppateel_at_iname.com>
Date: 2000/07/26

Thanks Dmitry,

    But I cannot use sql*loader to load multiple tables becuase there is an elaborate logic involved in normalizing the denormalized input data, generating unique ID's and things like that. I dont see how I can put that complex logic in sql*loader. My main concern was the effiency of UTL_FILE reading such a huge number of records from the flat file as opposed to reading an internal table after an sql*loader load into the temporary table.
Prahalad
(ppateel_at_iname.com)