Re: SYSTEM as SYSDBA cannot grant privs on others' tables?

From: Alex News <alexr_at_mincom.com>
Date: 2000/07/26

Hi!

What you missing is to create a password file which allows granting sysdba, sysoper
priviliges to more than one user.

Use orapwd file=<$ORACLE_HOME>/dbs/orapw<$ORACLE_SID> password=<just a password> entries=10 for Unix.
The corresponding utility for NT is oradim80.

After that you can grant sysadm to any user you have created. To do so connect to the server manager as sys:
connect sys as sysdba and
grant sysdba to <your user>

Regards,

Alex