Re: Question for DBA: control files and processes

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/07/25

,----
| In my alert.log consist such "wonderfull" information:
|
| kccrsz: requested to expand controlfile section 9 by 660 record(s)
| limited expansion to 191 records since maximum numrecs is 65535
| kccrsz: expanded controlfile section 9 from 65344 to 65535 records
|
| the question is what is this "kccrsz" is ? Waht section it is talking
| about??? which records????? why it (control file) have only 65535
| records ? what are this records?
| Ihaven't see any! information about such kind mesg in Oracle
| documentation... :(

`----

I did a quick search on dejanews for "kccrsz" and found alot of references that answer this question or at least would give you a start.

,----
| Then lets' continue with alert.log:
|
| kccrsz: denied expansion of controlfile section 9 by 661 record(s)
| the number of records is already at maximum value (65535)
| krcpwnc: following controlfile record written over:
| RECID #3350 Recno 62307 Record timestamp
| 07/15/00 13:13:10
| Thread=1 Seq#=3350 Link-Recid=3349
| Low
| scn: 0x0000.03e0f985
| 07/14/00 18:16:02
| Next
| scn: 0x0000.03e0fa38
| Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 68886
| Current log# 3 seq# 68886 mem# 0:
| /u03/oradata/oracle8/bpcd/redobpcd03.log
| kccrsz: denied expansion of controlfile section 9 by 2026 record(s)
| the number of records is already at maximum value (65535)
| krcpwnc: following controlfile record written over:
| RECID #3351 Recno 62308 Record timestamp
| 07/15/00 17:44:30
| Thread=1 Seq#=3351 Link-Recid=3350
| Low
| scn: 0x0000.03e0fa38
| 07/15/00 13:13:10
| Next
| scn: 0x0000.03e12b4b

`----

I did a quick search on dejanews for "krcpwnc" and found alot of references that answer this question or at least would give you a start.

,----
| COOLLL!!! I always become very exciting than I see such kind of friendly
| information with a lot of documentation about everything but not about
| this!!!
| Does anb. knows how to translate this into English please?
| Or the only information we can get from all this numbers and mesgs. is :
| "I'm dieing, diying.... I'm already dead. Your database." ?
`----

I'm happy to hear that you need this translated into English. Maybe you could quit trying to write so quickly and translate anb. to anybody, mesgs. to messages, diying to dying, "this numbers" to "these numbers"

,----
| Ok, The next "super" informative mesg. from alert log:
|
| LGWR: terminating instance due to error 204
| Instance terminated by LGWR, pid = 848
|
| Database mounted in Exclusive Mode.
| Completed: alter database mount
| Mon Jul 24 10:04:25 2000
| alter database open
| Beginning crash recovery of 1 threads
| Recovery of Online Redo Log: Thread 1 Group 3 Seq 72114 Reading mem 0
| Mem# 0 errs 0: /u03/oradata/oracle8/bpcd/redobpcd03.log
| Crash recovery completed successfully
| Mon Jul 24 10:04:25 2000
| Rolling back half complete log switch of thread 1
| LGWR: terminating instance due to error 204
| Instance terminated by LGWR, pid = 17140
`----

Whats so not-informative? Hell, that is as explicit as I think Oracle could get.

--
Galen Boyer
Database Architect