Re: Resizing Datafiles vs Adding Datafiles

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: 2000/07/25

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:08:21 GMT, Troy Meyerink <meyerink_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov> wrote:

>Actually we autoextend the datafile to our OS file size limit (maxsize 2GB) and
>attach a new datafile if any objects cannot extend (or are close). That way I never
>have to worry about the filesize greater than 2GB.
>

>> Any of you guys ended up with a corrupt database after an expanding
>> file went over the max size of the file system? I have. No more
>> expanding files for me, thanx. I'd rather get an extend refused than
>> have to recover a database...

I was actually refering to the space in the file system. As in blowing the file system free space away. Not the max file size. In my system, guaranteed to result in a database corruption...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Tue Jul 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT