-10027: buffer overflow, limit of 1000000 bytes

From: <cowlesd_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/24

I have a procedure which constantly generates the message in the subject line. I don't have serveroutput on, which is why I am confused. I don't quite see how it can argue about the buffer if the serveroutput is turned off..
The code does have this in it:
dbms_output.enable(1000000);
which is what I usually use if I'm debugging something and need more output that 2000 bytes, but ususally it only seems to make a difference if I set serveroutput on..
If I do a show serveroutput,
I get OFF..
We're getting rid of the dbms_output stuff as a workaround for now,but can someone explain this? If it is filling up the buffer anyhow, I'm confused since ususally if you don't have serveroutput on, it doesn't seem to really matter how much dbms_output you throw in your code.. what am I missing?
Thanks,
Dc.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jul 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT