Re: How to send e-mail from PL/SQL???

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_fightspam.sd.znet.com>
Date: 2000/07/24

"Patrick Lo" <cylo_at_vtc.edu.hk> wrote in message news:397CEEDD.779480F_at_vtc.edu.hk...
> Hi,
>
> I have tried your method but failed to do so. The procedure is as follow :
>
> >sqlplus scott/tiger
> SQL> @ ls
> unable to open file "ls.sql"
>
> What is missing in order to run an OS command?
>
> Thanks.

'@' tells SQL*Plus to run a script file.

A host command uses the "host" keyword.

SQL> host ls

There's also usually a shortcut character. It usually defaults to a '!':

SQL> ! ls

That would do the same as "host ls"

Do a "show all" and the host command character will be listed for your environment.

Also, you can do this:

SQL> host

or

SQL> ! ...and it usually will bring up a host window of some sort (like a DOS window for a PC or a UNIX shell for UNIX) for you and you will stay in that window until you exit or quit and then you'll be returned to SQL*Plus.

-Matt Received on Mon Jul 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT