Getting 100 or so rows back fast

From: <sergey_s_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/23

I have a table of about 3 billion rows partitioned in Oracle 8. Soon, I will need to run some tests and will need sample data for that from the big table (maybe 100 rows or so).

Getting rows by ROWNUM is apparently so slow that I get tired of waiting for the resultset.

How can I create a test table and populate it with 100 rows from the big table fast?

Thank you!

Sergey

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Jul 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT