Re: session resource consumption?

From: gdas <gdas1NOgdSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/07/23

Thank you Sybrand. I checked these performance views and now have a follow up question.

I see about 100 connections which are all inactive. However, their pga and uga memory usages are extremely varied. Some of these inactive sessions are consuming a small amount of memory while others are consuming a large amount.

I'm assuming that the unit is bytes here, if so, the minimum amount of pga+uga consumed by a session from our application is 87 K.

A different session from the same application (but a different thread) is also inactive, however for this one, the pga+uga memory usage is 13 MB.

Is there an explanation for this?
What would cause an inactive session to not release this memory? Or why is it using so much more memory than it's "peer," depite it's inactive state?

Thanks for your help,
Gavin

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Sun Jul 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT