session resource consumption?

From: gdas <gdas1NOgdSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/07/22

Thanks in advance for any help on this...

How much system resources does a single and inactive session take up. I'm not sure if there is a way to calculate the memory/cpu allocation. If not, would you say that this is neglible or is it significant?

Our development team made a large number of changes to the way the application interacts with the database in the last few days. The database seems to be running much slower however...

Unfortunately, I have to try to back track the individual changes to try to find the source of the problem.

The first item I'm investigating is a change to use connection pooling. The application now grabs and holds connections on the oracle database.

When I checked v$session, there were 120 connections being held by the application, but all were in an inactive state. The orace machine is running NT and it's a dev/test machine, so it's not all that powerful.

Could this be the problem. Do inactive sessions consume significant resources?

Thanks!
Gavin

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Sat Jul 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT