Speeding up connection time

From: Victor DeLima <vdelima_at_scicode.com>
Date: 2000/07/22

I want to know if anyone has any suggestions on how to speed up the connection time of the OCIServerAttach statement. Currently it is taking 2.5 seconds to attach to the server. I find this to be really slow, especially for a web page connection. The entire page is filtering in 2.65 seconds of which 2.5 is the connect to the server. The same program hitting a Sybase server instead takes a total of .3 seconds. Is there anyway to speed up this connection? I would hate to have to go back to Sybase if I could avoid it.

As a note: the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora files have been stripped down to minimal settings, using the tcp protocol. Also the client is running on the same machine as the server so there is no network issues.

The database does perform well once connected.

Thanks in advanced. Received on Sat Jul 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT