Escape Characters

From: contrapositive <contrapositive_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/21

Do escape characters specified per query apply to the entire query or just the LIKE clause(s)? I'm not working in an environment where I can easily test this.

So given something like...

"SELECT * FROM tbl WHERE x = 'C:\WINDOWS' AND y LIKE '%100\%%' ESCAPE '\';

...does the escape character apply only to my LIKE clause or will it mess up the other clause since it contains a backslash? If it will mess things up, is there a way to run this query without making it too messy? I obviously only want it to affect the LIKE clause in this case.

Thanks.

-JK

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jul 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT