Re: Help!! SQL*Loader and LONG datatype - Urgent!

From: Gene Hubert <ghubert_at_skillspoint.com>
Date: 2000/07/21

The following line in the control file should do it:

long_column_name char(50000)

This tells sqlldr to load up to 50000 bytes into the column. I think it can handle up to the max size for a long. If the data you exported has line breaks in it, this may be causing you problems as sqllldr sees them as an end of record marker.

Gene Hubert
http://www.skillspoint.com -
The trusted skills advisor to the Global 2000