Oracle / DTC distributed transactions Enlist problem(ORA-2048)

From: Vijaya Kumar Bhavani <vbhavani_at_netscape.net>
Date: 2000/07/21

Hi,

I am running Oracle 8.1.6 on Windows NT SP6a Workstation.

I have problems enlisting an Oracle transaction into a DTC transaction. I get error 3004 when I make call to OraMTSSvcEnlist()/OraMTSSvcEnlistEx(). And on checking for detailed error message using OraMTSOCIErrGet(), the calls says that the error is ORA-2048.

As per Oracle, ORA-2048 means 'attempt to begin distributed transaction without logging on'. But, I don't understand what action I should take in this regard. The error manual asks me to contact Oracle support.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Vijay Received on Fri Jul 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT