Re: Drop a table while you insert data into it !

From: Karen <karen.abgarian_at_fmr.com>
Date: 2000/07/21

Hi,

You cannot drop a table that has any rows locked (DML locks rows), because DROP TABLE requires an exclusive lock on the table.

To solve your problem, I would first look for a program. See V$ACCESS for the table name and find the session. Then see PROGRAM MACHINE TERMINAL from v$session for that SID.

Count the number of allocated extents in that table and set MAXEXTENTS. The program will get an error and stop.

Karen.