Re: some sys tables available to all users?

From: Karen <karen.abgarian_at_fmr.com>
Date: 2000/07/21

Hello,

Please see what privileges and roles are granted to PUBLIC. Is there SELECT ANY TABLE? Are there grants on SYS tables?

Analyze what applications require those grants before removing them. F.e. TOAD may require access to SYS tables. Try to give those applications the grants and

remove them from PUBLIC.

Starting from V8 there is a parameter O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY. When set to FALSE, the SYS tables cannot be seen even if a user has SELECT ANY TABLE. Karen.