Re: DBA and certification questions?

From: Ethan Post <epost1NOepSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/07/21

http://www.revealnet.com/dbapipe/archives.htm#code02

This article by Mike Ault is pretty good. I agree with most of what has been said but it's understandable that their are folks out there that may be great at what they do but have no idea how to hire or manage someone, just not something they are good at. I knew a guy once who hired for a temp service, he would do things like hand a guy a lighter and asked him how he thought it worked. He was just looking for a reasonable rational explanation of how it worked, that would be a bit light for the average DBA candidate but you get the idea, the ability to express a concepts clearly with understanding is vastly more important than remembering minute details and lists.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Fri Jul 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT