Oracle names

From: bm lam <mailbox_at_online.de>
Date: 2000/07/20

I tried to set up a Oracle Names server on either an NT or Linux box. The Net8 Assistant on both platforms which is otherwise works occassionally jointly went on strike at that occasion. They both crashed when I tried to create Names server. In my despair, I reckon I can circumvent that by editing the config files onames.ora. But in the sample file I could not find any section where one can define the connect descriptor for Oracle database services.

I did try to register the service interactively but that also failed miserably. For now, I would appreciate it if someone can show a sample config file with all the connect descriptors which can be read by the Names server.

--
To reply to me via email, please substitute the text no_spam with
mailbox in the return address.