which server

From: marc bautis <bautisma_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: 2000/07/20

is there a way to find which database server i am connecting to under unix

i was given an oracle environment and log in using sqlplus username/passwd.

in my .profile my oracle_sid is set so i can tell which db i am using, but is there some kind of interfaces file where i can find the server name, and the machine that the server resides on.

thanks,
marc

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jul 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT