large databases

From: <ford1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/20

Planning to build a very large OLTP database (200,000 - 300,000) concurrent users. We have designed one solution using a db farm where each application server is assigned to one Oracle server.

This way we plan to scale by adding more application servers and oracle servers. The users will be directed to the appropriate db server via a user-login hashing algorithm.

Does anyone have experience w/ this size of Oracle db. If so would be interested in discussing a contract opportunity.

Rich Ford.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jul 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT