Re: LOCK_SGA on AIX platform

From: <medawson_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/20

AIX doesn't support ISM, as this is still a Solaris-specific innovation.   However, it does support memory pinning, and as of AIX 4.3.3, it supports memory pinning with shmget() with the SHM_PIN flag, just as Solaris and HP-UX do (different flag name, however).

I'm wondering why Oracle won't implement either of these features for its AIX port.