Re: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

From: <felixseto_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/20

Hi Terry.

This is what my sqlnet.ora file contains:

NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = seagatesoftware.com

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS) NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (HOSTNAME) I commented out both the NAMES and I still get the error.

Felix

> > Hi juturi.
> >
> > Checked and I only have a one installation of the Oracle 8.1.6
 client
> > on the client machine. Only have one tnsnames.ora on my client
 machine.

> > Felix
> >
> > juturi_at_workmail.com wrote:
> > > do you have more than one installation of the oracle client on the
> > > client machine?
> > >
> > > Do a file find for "tnsnames.ora" on all the drives.

 reach
 the

 SQLPlus.
 The
 SQLPlus on
 on a
 remote

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.
> > >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jul 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT