Oracle 8.1.6 dbassist crashes on linux

From: <zylonne_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/19

I am yet again trying to install oracle on Suse 6.4. I'd heard that Oracle with Oracle 8.1.6 had solved their Java problems. Well I heard wrong!
The server installation goes fine, but when I try to run the dbassist script it crashes:

SIGSEGV received at befffa08 in /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6. Processing terminatedWriting stack trace to javacore6291.txt ... OK ./dbassist: line 103: 6282 Segmentation fault $JRE_EXEC -Duser.dir=$USER_DIR -classpath $CLASSPATH DBCreateWizard $ARGUMENTS

Anyone out there figured out how to get this assistent to actually create a database?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jul 19 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT