Re: Return a recordset in stored procedure

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/07/19

<xinhuang00_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8l4rld$2rk$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hi, I am new to Oracle, so this might be a simple question but I don't
> know how to slove it.
> I am doing the migration from Sybase ASA to oracle database.
> How to return a recordset in oracle stored procedure:
>
> In ASA, we can write the following
> "create procedure temp (a int) is
> x int;
> begin
> select x;
> end;"
> it will return a recordset that has one column and one row with value x
> (the local variable in procedure temp);
>
> I need to call this procedure in the java file, therefore the
> command "return x" seems is not working.
>
> Can someone help me here, thank you very much!
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

This question is answered almost every week or even multiple times a week. As you are posting from Deja, you *must* be aware, Deja maintains archives for this newsgroup, a simple search would have resolved your question. You can find info on resultsets
at http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/Resultsets in the book on PL/SQL of Steven Feuerstein under REF CURSOR
in the Oracle doco under REF CURSOR.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Wed Jul 19 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT