LOCK_SGA on AIX platform

From: <medawson_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/19

On MetaLink, I read from one of the Oracle reps on the Unix/Oracle forum that while HP-UX and Solaris support pinned SGAs, AIX didn't. I found this kinda hard to believe, since there exists facilities in the AIX kernel to lock ranges of memory into RAM (e.g., the 'pin()' and 'pinu()' kernel services).

Is this really so? Has anyone successfully used LOCK_SGA on an AIX box? Your input is greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance.

--

Mark E. Dawson, Jr.
Collective Technologies

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/