Re: big batch & small transactions at same time?

From: Steve McDaniels <steve.mcdaniels_at_sierra.com>
Date: 2000/07/19

I have about 40 small (1mb) rollback segments which are enabled for all (transaction-style) users.

Every so often, I have to move a large number of records. I use a large rollback, enabled just for this, to serve this purpose.

alter rollback segment waybig online;

set transaction used rollback segment waybig;

begin

    do some stuff;

    commit;

end;