Oracle on linux - pros and cons?

From: John H. Yates <yates_at_sas.upenn.edu>
Date: 2000/07/18

I am considering exploring Oracle (8i probably) on linux in a mission critical environment where it would connect to a remote data warehouse (currently Oracle 7 on IBM SP2 cluster), via a database link, to do modest database queries.

What would people here see as pros and cons? Horror stories as well as success stories are welcome.

Also, are there any good Oracle/linux resources you can refer me to?

Thanks, John Received on Tue Jul 18 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT