Re: Inserting 300.000.000 datasets ..

From: James Lorenzen <jlorenzen_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/18

I'm a little out of practice with SQL*Loader, but named pipes should work just fine on UNIX.
The process would be to create the named pipe. Then, with a background job start writing the data into the pipe. This must be continuous to avoid an EOF. Use the pipe name from the first step as the input file for SQL*Loader.

I am not aware of any way to use stdin to get the data into SQL*Loader. The data can be inline with the control information.

  1. create named pipe - mknod pipe_name.dat p
  2. write the datasets to the pipe with a background job. This may need to be a custom job. - build_my_datasets > pipe_name.dat &
  3. Run SQL*Loader - sqlldr userid=scott/tiger control=xxxxxx.ctl log=xxxxxx.log data=pipe_name.dat

HTH
   James

--
Life is complex; it has real and imaginary parts.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.